Racking systems are designed to meet the updated requirements of the applicable International Building Code (IBC) as it relates to seismic, snow and wind loads.
- Prefabricated galvanized racking systems are designed to fit the space
- Available as a “building within an existing building” or as a stand-alone outdoor structure connected to an existing production building
- Racking consists of C-section columns with cross braces. Shelves are either made of fabricated steel, which clip into place, or they are made of formed steel, which are bolted into place.
- The addition of an insulated ceiling, internal and external walls and insulated automatic roller-shutter doors creates a quality enclosure for curing concrete products
- Racking may also be used for pallet buffer and mould/form storage
There are four distinct qualities of racking systems available to meet the requirements of different curing systems and the demands of specialized by-products used in concrete production.
- Standard Grade – provides a fabricated steel component that is hot dip galvanized prior to fabrication. Its application is best suited to open curing racks without enclosures as well as pallet buffer and mould/form storage racks
- Mixed Grade – provides a mix of the standard and performance solutions with columns and other non-removable components galvanized after fabrication for maximum protection and shelves and guide angles, removable components, galvanized prior to fabrication. It is an economical and durable solution for individual curing chamber solutions.
- Performance Grade – provides a fabricated steel component that is galvanized after fabrication – ensuring that all surfaces exposed during the fabrication phase are protected with 60 to 80 microns zinc. This solution is best suited for single atmosphere curing solutions.
- Heavy-Duty Grade – provides a completely stainless steel solution for curing concrete products containing ash or other potentially corrosive by-products at curing temperatures up to 200 °F (93 °C).
- External Building