Location: Alpena, Michigan
Technical Assistant – Manufacturing
This position provides administrative support to the manufacturing team with a strong focus on customer support. This includes working closely to support our technical service, customer service, and sales teams.
Education: Associates degree in business or equivalent work experience.
Experience: Two years’ experience with customer service or providing administrative assistance
Skills: Strong communication skills. Positive customer interaction. Strong knowledge of business systems and Microsoft software programs. Good organizational skills.
Company Expectations of Employee
JOB KNOWLEDGE [Employee has skills to complete their duties and understand their new role]
QUALITY OF WORK [Employee’s output is accurate, complete, and works in a safe manner]
QUANTITY OF WORK [Employee is effective and efficient with their time; while meeting deadlines]
RELATIONSHIPS [Employee works well with the team/customers and fits our ‘ownership’ culture]
INITIATIVE [Employee is self‐motivated and shows interest in adding value beyond job description]
- Manages incoming customer service and maintenance requests, completes internal call log, and follows-up as appropriate.
- Processing of No Charge Orders.
- Sends quotations to customers and field staff for service, training, evaluations, and other clerical assistance.
- Creates service orders for service jobs from open quotations or other service requirements.
- Collects, corrects, and manages all paid service work sheets and prepares for month-end invoicing.
- Prepares completed service orders including days on site, all expenses, and other charges. Closes service order for the invoicing procedure.
- Manages the service calendar, daily, weekly and monthly and maintains communication between the customer, service technicians and field staff.
- Collects and reviews expenses for accuracy and completeness and submits for approvals.
- Follow up, expedite with appropriate staff, assists with Technical Service representatives the need for emergency deliveries during critical startups and installations in the field.
- Collects, reviews, wordsmith, and files all service reports electronically.
- Generates, collects and files electronically all startup checklists.
- Sends promotional materials to customers or vendors.
- Manages the mailroom; incoming and outgoing.
- Helps manage mailroom and general office supply ordering.
- Provide administrative assistance as needed including, but not limited to answering phones, accepting package and other deliveries, greeting and signing in visitors/guests, managing incoming/outgoing mail, ordering lunches, running general errands.
How to Apply
Do you think you’d make an excellent fit for Besser Company and enjoy all the beauty that Alpena, Michigan has to offer? Please forward your resume to:
Besser Company World Headquarters
Attn: Human Resources, Hiring
801 Johnson Street
Alpena, MI 49707 USA