Location: Sioux City, Iowa
The Shipping Clerk is responsible for packing and shipping parts and materials in accordance with company policy. The Shipping Clerk reports to the Shipping Supervisor.
- Prepare freight shipments and small package parcels in accordance with company policy.
- Build crates and crate shipments using pneumatic nailer, pneumatic stapler and saw.
- Weigh and label shipments.
- Move materials with a hand truck or forklift.
- Load and unload flatbeds and dry vans.
- Prep parts to be distributed to other departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Two years of experience as a shipping clerk.
Skills: Must be familiar with Microsoft Office software programs.
Requirements: Basic computer skills.
Company Expectations of Employee
JOB KNOWLEDGE [Employee has skills to complete their duties and understand their new role]
QUALITY OF WORK [Employee’s output is accurate, complete, and works in a safe manner]
QUANTITY OF WORK [Employee is effective and efficient with their time; while meeting deadlines]
RELATIONSHIPS [Employee works well with the team/customers and fits our ‘ownership’ culture]
INITIATIVE [Employee is self‐motivated and shows interest in adding value beyond job description]
A plant floor environment in a controlled atmospheric building.
How to Apply
Do you think you’d make an excellent fit for Besser Company and enjoy all the beauty that Alpena, Michigan has to offer? Please forward your resume to:
Besser Company World Headquarters
Attn: Human Resources, Hiring
801 Johnson Street
Alpena, MI 49707 USA