Location: Alpena, Michigan
Sales Application Engineer
This position coordinates the planning, design and installation of masonry, hardscape, curing and pipe and precast products, and bins and batching equipment in an industrial environment. The Sales Application Engineer reports to the Director of Sales.
Accountability: Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
Honesty/Integrity: Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
Respect: Maintains a positive and respectful attitude.
Loyal : The trait of feeling a duty to the employer.
Relationship/Consensus Building: Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers and bring about group solidarity to achieve a goal.
Time Management: Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
Tolerance: Ability to work successfully with a variety of people without making judgments.
Attendance: Strives for perfect attendance and commits to report to work on time.
- Secures orders from existing and potential customers by direct contact.
- Develop standards and templates for sales proposals. Depending on the business unit, may also be responsible for developing detailed sales proposals.
- Creation of plant layouts/sales drawings.
- Creation of foundation, installation, erection drawings. Depending on the business unit, this function may be performed by engineering.
- Ensures that equipment specifications and product performance rates are accurate on sales documents.
- Coordinates contract review activities for capital sales orders.
- Creates and insures that equipment specifications sheets are completed for each capital sales order.
- Coordinates project scope change/review activities for capital sales orders.
- Prepares cost/profit analysis for all capital equipment orders.
- Ensures that capital equipment documentation are created and shipped on a timely basis.
- Coordinates and initiates all activities as required with finance team to ensure appropriate customer invoicing.
- Coordinates with the shipping team to ensure appropriate ship dates are accurate and compliance documentation is produced in a timely and complete manner.
- Initiates and ensures inspection and check-off form for testing of capital equipment is completed.
- Participates in sales training sessions to stay abreast of field issues.
- Acts as the liaison between sales, engineering, manufacturing and installation teams to ensure the smooth flow of capital orders.
- Responsible to ensure on-time delivery of capital orders and that gross margin targets are achieved.
- Works with suppliers to specify and negotiate critical trade goods and capital components and perform final vendor selection.
- Develops and maintains sales pricing based on corporate policies, including standard proposals and layouts as well as a detailed standard price list.
- Assists with sales and service representatives in the field to ensure all equipment specifications are correct.
- Ensures that field capital equipment issues have been resolved and communicated to appropriate managers for corrections.
- Maintains and updates the capital order worksheet with the support of all relevant department managers.
- Assists with handling incoming customer service and technical service related phone calls. This function includes entering sales orders for parts as well as trouble-shooting equipment issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or civil engineering, or equivalent experience.
Experience: Two years of experience in engineering, sales and/or manufacturing operations.
Skills: Familiarity of a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Must be proficient in AutoCAD and SolidWorks applications. Good organizational skills and personal leadership skills required. Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees, management and customers. Commercial negotiation skills.
Requirements: Must be fluent in English and a foreign language a plus. Must be willing to travel globally.
N (Not Applicable) not applicable to this occupation
O (Occasionally) up to 33% of the time (0- 2.5 hours per day)
F (Frequently) 33% to 66% of the time (2.5 to 5.5 hours per day)
C (Constantly) more than 66% of the day (5.5 hrs)
|Reach Above Shoulders||O|
|Squat or Kneel||O|
|10 lbs or less||O|
|Over 100 lbs||N|
|12 lbs or less||O|
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
An office environment in a controlled atmospheric building.
How to Apply
Do you think you’d make an excellent fit for Besser Company and enjoy all the beauty that Alpena, Michigan has to offer? Please forward your resume to:
Besser Company World Headquarters
Attn: Janet Behnke, Corporate Human Resources Director
801 Johnson Street
Alpena, MI 49707 USA