Location: Boone, Iowa
The Operations Manager oversees operational activity and production processes for the Pipe & Precast business to meet operational objectives and improve processes, quality, efficiency, and costs.
- Lead and motivate a team to achieve operational excellence.
- Provide guidance, coaching, and support to a team, helping to foster a positive and collaborative working environment.
- Identify opportunities for process optimization and efficiency improvements.
- Implement best practices to enhance productivity and capacity, while also reducing operational costs.
- Analyze and improve organizational process and workflow, employee and space requirements, equipment layout, and facility/warehouse capacity requirements.
- Collaborate with senior management to contribute to the development of the company’s strategic goals.
- Implement strategic initiatives that support the Company’s objectives and goals.
- Manage people resources and ensure staffing requirements are met.
- Oversee supply chain process, ensuring timely procurement of materials and efficient inventory management.
- Manage logistics and distribution channels to optimize product delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Develop strategies to automate the manufacturing processes.
- Implement and monitor quality control processes to ensure products meet or exceed established standards.
- Develop and manage the operations budget, ensuring cost-effectiveness and resource optimization.
- Ensure a safe working environment by implementing and enforcing safety protocols and best practices.
- Must be open to completing other duties not specifically listed above as requested by the Manufacturing team.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Industrial Management or related field.
Experience: Five years of experience in a manufacturing management role.
Skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills. Good organizational and personal leadership skills. Must understand manufacturing methods, machine capabilities, and workflow through the production facility. Knowledge of all activities that occur before a job hits the production floor. Good product knowledge required with an understanding of lean enterprise application and analysis. Familiarity with Epicor business system preferred.
Requirements: Shift work and travel may be required.
Company Expectations of Employee
JOB KNOWLEDGE [Employee has skills to complete their duties and understand their new role]
QUALITY OF WORK [Employee’s output is accurate, complete, and works in a safe manner]
QUANTITY OF WORK [Employee is effective and efficient with their time; while meeting deadlines]
RELATIONSHIPS [Employee works well with the team/customers and fits our ‘ownership’ culture]
INITIATIVE [Employee is self‐motivated and shows interest in adding value beyond job description]
A plant floor environment in a controlled atmospheric building.
How to Apply
Do you think you’d make an excellent fit for Besser Company and enjoy all the beauty that Alpena, Michigan has to offer? Please forward your resume to:
Besser Company World Headquarters
Attn: Human Resources, Hiring
801 Johnson Street
Alpena, MI 49707 USA