Location: Alpena, Michigan
This position is responsible for the mechanical design, development, and improvements of new or existing products. The Mechanical Engineer reports to Engineering Manager.
Accountability: Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
Honesty/Integrity: Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
Respect: Maintains a positive and respectful attitude.
Loyal : The trait of feeling a duty to the employer.
Relationship/Consensus Building: Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers and bring about group solidarity to achieve a goal.
Time Management: Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
Tolerance: Ability to work successfully with a variety of people without making judgments.
Attendance: Strives for perfect attendance and commits to report to work on time.
- Originates and/or develops designs for products relating to defined project specifications.
- Creates mechanical models and drawings of product line.
- Creates mechanical bill-of-materials of product design.
- Evaluates and resolves technical feasibility, design evaluation/optimization, and production issues.
- Responsible for meeting project costs/margins and target release dates.
- Understands lean manufacturing concepts and initiates process improvements to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering required.
Experience: Seven years of industry related experience. Three years experience in SolidWorks.
Skills: Ability to clearly develop ideas in the form of working models and drawings. Must be familiar with a variety of manufacturing process, materials programming software, business systems, and Microsoft Office software programs. Strong verbal and written communications skills.
N (Not Applicable) not applicable to this occupation
O (Occasionally) up to 33% of the time (0- 2.5 hours per day)
F (Frequently) 33% to 66% of the time (2.5 to 5.5 hours per day)
C (Constantly) more than 66% of the day (5.5 hrs)
|Reach Above Shoulders||O|
|Squat or Kneel||O|
|10 lbs or less||O|
|Over 100 lbs||N|
|12 lbs or less||O|
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
An office environment in a controlled atmospheric building.
How to Apply
Do you think you’d make an excellent fit for Besser Company and enjoy all the beauty that Alpena, Michigan has to offer? Please forward your resume to:
Besser Company World Headquarters
Attn: Human Resources, Hiring
801 Johnson Street
Alpena, MI 49707 USA