Location: Alpena, Michigan
This position is responsible for supporting our engineering, manufacturing, programming, and purchasing teams to investigate and resolve production, quality, and vendor issues. This position also works closely with our IT team to create efficiency improvement initiatives for our manufacturing processes. This position reports to the Manufacturing Supervisor – Capital Build.
- Identify problems in production as they arise, whether through the production process, parts, quality assurance, or another source. Resolve issues with vendors, either through purchasing, quality assurance, production, or any other sources as required.
- Confers with quality control, manufacturing, and other departments to provide technical support.
- Maintains records or oversees recording of information by others to ensure engineering drawings and documents are current and that engineering-related production problems and resolutions are documented.
- Initiate engineering change requests or change orders as revisions as required to correct the issues in question.
- Evaluates findings to formulate corrective action plan and coordinates implementation of plan.
- Reviews production schedules, engineering specifications, and customer orders.
- Analyzes operational performance results to identify opportunities for improvement. Understands lean concepts and initiates process improvements to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
- Creates functional specifications for system related integrations identified from process improvement initiatives. Responsible for testing and validation of the system integrations in coordination with the IT Department.
- Ability to work effectively with pertinent digital tools and software systems of the company.
- Must be open to completing other duties not specifically listed above as requested by the Manufacturing team.
Experience: High level of analytical skills with the ability to investigate issues and determine root cause. Comfortable working in the fast-paced manufacturing/engineering landscape with the responsibility of impacting business success in this environment.
Skill: Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail. Must be a self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision. Ability to work multiple projects, multi-task, and bring projects to closure. Hands on “roll up your sleeves” approach to solutions. High level of interpersonal skills, building linear relationships within the organization. Demonstrates strong written and oral communication skills. Highly organized, flexible, and the ability to meet deadlines. A basic or advanced understanding of sheet metal, welding, machining, manufacturing, and assembly procedures. Basic or advanced CAD skills are highly desirable. Solidworks experience preferred. Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of applications. Familiar with Epicor business system preferred.
Requirements: Potential of shift work.
Company Expectations of Employee
JOB KNOWLEDGE [Employee has skills to complete their duties and understand their new role]
QUALITY OF WORK [Employee’s output is accurate, complete, and works in a safe manner]
QUANTITY OF WORK [Employee is effective and efficient with their time; while meeting deadlines]
RELATIONSHIPS [Employee works well with the team/customers and fits our ‘ownership’ culture]
INITIATIVE [Employee is self‐motivated and shows interest in adding value beyond job description]
Manufacturing production floor and office environment.
How to Apply
Do you think you’d make an excellent fit for Besser Company and enjoy all the beauty that Alpena, Michigan has to offer? Please forward your resume to:
Besser Company World Headquarters
Attn: Human Resources, Hiring
801 Johnson Street
Alpena, MI 49707 USA