Location: Sioux City, Iowa
The Machine Technician/Assembler is responsible for assembling machine components, as well as erecting, testing, teardown and shipping Pipe Machines and other equipment. The Machine Technician/Assembler will also be expected to cross train in other departments to support work flow. The Machine Technician/Assembler reports to the Shop Supervisor.
Accountability: Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
Honesty/Integrity: Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
Respect: Maintains a positive and respectful attitude.
Loyal : The trait of feeling a duty to the employer.
Relationship/Consensus Building: Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers and bring about group solidarity to achieve a goal.
Time Management: Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
Tolerance: Ability to work successfully with a variety of people without making judgments.
Attendance: Strives for perfect attendance and commits to report to work on time.
- Read and understand hydraulic and electric schematics for the purpose of building or troubleshooting equipment.
- Accurately enter time and quantity completed into the business computer system.
- Read blueprint for specifications, such as materials to be used and dimensions and tolerances.
- Work in high places from ladders, platforms and man lifts.
- Understand proper procedures for working on energized electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Be able to weld proficiently with stick and mig.
- Use proper PPE at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Comply with all Company Safety policies and procedures
- Cross-Train in the Fabrication and or Machine Shop to Support the Flow of Work as needed.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Two years shop experience.
Skills: Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits, repair and maintenance. Knowledge of blueprints, drawings and models. Knowledge of mathematics. The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull and carry objects. The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach out with the body, arms, and/or legs. Using hands and arms in handling, installing, forming, positioning, and moving materials or in manipulating things such as hand tools and hoist.
Requirements: Machine Technician /Assembler must work in a safe manner and must have a safe work record. Safety must be the first and foremost concern as these machines are capable of great bodily harm.
N (Not Applicable) not applicable to this occupation
O (Occasionally) up to 33% of the time (0- 2.5 hours per day)
F (Frequently) 33% to 66% of the time (2.5 to 5.5 hours per day)
C (Constantly) more than 66% of the day (5.5 hrs)
|Reach Above Shoulders||F|
|Squat or Kneel||O|
|10 lbs or less||F|
|Over 100 lbs||N|
|12 lbs or less||F|
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
A plant floor environment.