Department: Plant Management
Location: Alpena, Michigan
Heat Treat Supervisor
The Heat Treat Supervisor is responsible for overseeing heat treatment operations, supervising employees, ensuring on-time delivery, and upholding compliance with company safety, quality, and quantity policies.
- Manages and oversees all aspects of the heat treatment process, optimizing procedures for efficiency and
accuracy in production.
- Achieves cost reductions.
- Supervises heat treat employees.
- Responsible for implementing company safety policies and training employees.
- Responsible for manufacturing processes and equipment. Organizes work for smooth operations and shift changes.
- Maintains a workflow that corresponds with business system scheduling tools.
- Recommends and initiates sourcing of parts when workload exceeds manpower or work center resources.
- Evaluates steps in manufacturing to eliminate waste, reduce cycle time and implementation of lean enterprise.
- Coordinates improvements in inventory systems, inventory availability, and inventory turns.
- Reports any programming, processing and equipment problems to the corresponding departments and the
- Responsible for meeting production, quality and quantity standards.
- Ensures accurate data entry into the business system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Associates degree in business, industrial management or equivalent.
Experience: Five years of manufacturing experience, preferably in a job shop, with expertise in various heat treatment technologies and equipment.
Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), proficient in CAD and business system software, understanding of lean enterprise concepts, and a proactive, hands-on approach. Must understand manufacturing methods, machine capabilities, and workflow through the production facility. Knowledge of all activities that occur before a job hits the production floor.
Requirements: Shift work and travel may be required.
Company Expectations of Employee
JOB KNOWLEDGE [Employee has skills to complete their duties and understand their new role]
QUALITY OF WORK [Employee’s output is accurate, complete, and works in a safe manner]
QUANTITY OF WORK [Employee is effective and efficient with their time; while meeting deadlines]
RELATIONSHIPS [Employee works well with the team/customers and fits our ‘ownership’ culture]
INITIATIVE [Employee is self‐motivated and shows interest in adding value beyond job description]
An office environment in a controlled atmospheric building as well as a plant floor environment.
How to Apply
Do you think you’d make an excellent fit for Besser Company and enjoy all the beauty that Alpena, Michigan has to offer? Please forward your resume to:
Besser Company World Headquarters
Attn: Human Resources, Hiring
801 Johnson Street
Alpena, MI 49707 USA