Location: Southeast Region
Pipe & Precast Sales Representative – Southeast
This position promotes machine and mold parts, capital equipment, paid service, and training to customers and prospects for the Besser product line. Sales Representatives report to the Regional Sales Manager.
JOB KNOWLEDGE [Employee has skills to complete their duties and understand their new role]
QUALITY OF WORK [Employee’s output is accurate, complete, and works in a safe manner]
QUANTITY OF WORK [Employee is effective and efficient with their time; meets all deadlines]
RELATIONSHIPS [Employee works well with the team/customers and fits our ‘ownership’ culture]
INITIATIVE [Employee is self‐motivated and shows interest in adding value beyond job description]
- Provides innovative ideas and utilizes resources to exceed sales and service goals.
- Follows written policies, procedures and best practices developed for the customer service team.
- Secures orders from existing and potential customers by direct contact.
- Generates parts quotes and follows up with customers’ requests.
- Completes call cards, expense reports and provides capital equipment leads to the capital team.
- Calls on all accounts within the area of responsibility as described in the customer service expectations.
- Obtains part specifications and measurements as required to complete a customer order.
- Contributes to customer communications.
- Must be open to completing other duties not specifically listed above as requested by the Sales team.
Education: Associate’s degree in business or related field; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: Experience in a related field with electrical and mechanical experience preferred. Knowledge of the Concrete Products Industry is beneficial.
Skills: Exceptional knowledge of equipment and production of products and plant practices. Good oral and written communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with customers at many levels.
Requirements: Must be willing to travel worldwide for a maximum of three weeks per month. Must be physically able
to perform manual labor and lift a minimum of 100 pounds. Must be fluent in English, bi‐lingual preferred. Must have
good driving record.
N (Not Applicable) not applicable to this occupation
O (Occasionally) up to 33% of the time (0- 2.5 hours per day)
F (Frequently) 33% to 66% of the time (2.5 to 5.5 hours per day)
C (Constantly) more than 66% of the day (5.5 hrs)
|Reach Above Shoulders||O|
|Squat or Kneel||O|
|10 lbs or less||N|
|Over 100 lbs||N|
|12 lbs or less||O|
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
A typical manufacturing/production environment in a controlled atmospheric building.
How to Apply
Do you think you’d make an excellent fit for Besser Company? Please forward your resume to:
Besser Company World Headquarters
Attn: Human Resources, Hiring
801 Johnson Street
Alpena, MI 49707 USA