Department: Customer Service
Location: Alpena, Michigan
Customer Service Representative
This position promotes, researches, and sells machine and mold parts to the concrete products industry. This position reports to the Director of Parts and Support.
JOB KNOWLEDGE [Employee has skills to complete their duties and understand their new role]
QUALITY OF WORK [Employee’s output is accurate, complete, and works in a safe manner]
QUANTITY OF WORK [Employee is effective and efficient with their time; meets all deadlines]
RELATIONSHIPS [Employee works well with the team/customers and fits our ‘ownership’ culture]
INITIATIVE [Employee is self‐motivated and shows interest in adding value beyond job description]
- Answers incoming calls and responds to customer’s emails.
- Provides information, quotes, and lead times as specific by purchasing, suppliers, and/or manufacturing.
- Resolves customer issues through research, clear communication, providing solutions, and escalating unresolved problems to management.
- Researches customer order history, plant details, and drawings in order to provide correct parts.
- Participates in meeting and exceed sales and service goals.
- Completes call cards and provides capital equipment leads to the Sales team.
- Requests and follows up with customers on open quotes, RMAs, credit, etc. and updates customer with revised ship dates.
- Works with purchasing and manufacturing to ensure adequate margins on parts orders.
- Enters purchase orders for direct shipments to customers.
- Helps to maintain and update customer database through data entry.
- Follows written sales policies, procedures and best practices developed for the customer service team.
- Must be open to completing other duties not specifically listed above as requested by the Customer Service team.
Education: Associate degree in business or related field; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: Three years of experience in a related field with electrical and mechanical experience preferred.
Skills: Exceptional knowledge of equipment and production of products and plant practices. Good oral and written communication skills. Good computer skills; knowledge of current business systems and software programs. Good organizational skills. Ability to effectively communicate with customers at many levels.
Requirements: Must be physically able to perform manual labor and lift a minimum of 100 pounds. Must be fluent in English, bi‐lingual would be a plus. Must have good driving record.
N (Not Applicable) not applicable to this occupation
O (Occasionally) up to 33% of the time (0- 2.5 hours per day)
F (Frequently) 33% to 66% of the time (2.5 to 5.5 hours per day)
C (Constantly) more than 66% of the day (5.5 hrs)
|Reach Above Shoulders||O|
|Squat or Kneel||O|
|10 lbs or less||O|
|Over 100 lbs||N|
|12 lbs or less||O|
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
An office environment in a controlled atmospheric building.
How to Apply
Do you think you’d make an excellent fit for Besser Company and enjoy all the beauty that Alpena, Michigan has to offer? Please forward your resume to:
Besser Company World Headquarters
Attn: Human Resources, Hiring
801 Johnson Street
Alpena, MI 49707 USA