Department: Customer Service
Location: Boone, Iowa
Customer Service Representative
This position promotes, researches, and sells machine and mold parts to the concrete products industry. This position reports to the Customer Service Manager.
- Answers incoming calls and responds to customer’s emails.
- Provides information, quotes, and lead times as specific by purchasing, suppliers, and/or manufacturing.
- Resolves customer issues through research, clear communication, providing solutions, and escalating unresolved problems to management.
- Researches customer order history, plant details, and drawings in order to provide correct parts.
- Participates in meeting and exceed sales and service goals.
- Completes call cards and provides capital equipment leads to the Sales team.
- Requests and follows up with customers on open quotes, RMAs, credit, etc. and updates customer with revised ship dates.
- Works with purchasing and manufacturing to ensure adequate margins on parts orders.
- Enters purchase orders for direct shipments to customers.
- Helps to maintain and update customer database through data entry.
- Follows written sales policies, procedures and best practices developed for the customer service team.
- Must be open to completing other duties not specifically listed above as requested by the Customer Service team.
Education: Associate degree in business or related field; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: Three years of experience in a related field with electrical and mechanical experience preferred.
Skills: Exceptional knowledge of equipment and production of products and plant practices. Good oral and written communication skills. Good computer skills; knowledge of current business systems and software programs. Good organizational skills. Ability to effectively communicate with customers at many levels.
Requirements: Must be physically able to perform manual labor and lift a minimum of 100 pounds. Must be fluent in English, bi-lingual would be a plus. Must have good driving record.
Company Expectations of Employee
JOB KNOWLEDGE [Employee has skills to complete their duties and understand their new role]
QUALITY OF WORK [Employee’s output is accurate, complete, and works in a safe manner]
QUANTITY OF WORK [Employee is effective and efficient with their time; while meeting deadlines]
RELATIONSHIPS [Employee works well with the team/customers and fits our ‘ownership’ culture]
INITIATIVE [Employee is self‐motivated and shows interest in adding value beyond job description]
An office environment in a controlled atmospheric building.
How to Apply
Do you think you’d make an excellent fit for Besser Company? Please forward your resume to:
Besser Company World Headquarters
Attn: Human Resources, Hiring
801 Johnson Street
Alpena, MI 49707 USA