Department: Corporate Finance
Location: Alpena, Michigan
This position plans, organizes, and manages the accounting and control function of the division and reports operational results. The Controller reports to the Corporate Controller.
Accountability: Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
Honesty/Integrity: Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
Respect: Maintains a positive and respectful attitude.
Loyal : The trait of feeling a duty to the employer.
Relationship/Consensus Building: Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers and bring about group solidarity to achieve a goal.
Time Management: Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
Tolerance: Ability to work successfully with a variety of people without making judgments.
Attendance: Strives for perfect attendance and commits to report to work on time.
- Coordinates and administers an adequate plan for the control of operations. Such a plan provides profit planning, sales forecasts, expense budgets, accounts receivable, cost standards and saving opportunities, and capital investing, together with the necessary controls and procedures to put the plan into effect.
- Maintains pricing structure and appropriate gross margin records.
- Compares performance with operating plans and standards. Provides reports and interprets the results of operations to all levels of management. This includes the formulation of accounting policies, the preparation of financial statements and operating data, the coordination of systems and procedures, and special reports as required.
- Assures protection for the assets of the business through internal control, and internal auditing.
- Establishes and maintains product pricing policies.
- Monitors inventory levels and advises management regarding variances to budget.
- Understands lean concepts and initiates process improvements to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
- Monitors and verifies adherence to all policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. C.P.A. equivalent preferred.
Experience: Five to ten years of experience in the finance for manufacturing firm. Multi plant experience including Canada.
Skills: Math, accuracy and precision, interest in business, organized, good written and oral communications skills, good organizational and people skills. High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Competent computer skills, including knowledge of
business systems. Familiarly with Microsoft Office software programs, specifically proficient in Excel. Must be a team player.
Requirements: Must be fluent in English and a foreign language a plus. Must be willing to travel.
N (Not Applicable) not applicable to this occupation
O (Occasionally) up to 33% of the time (0- 2.5 hours per day)
F (Frequently) 33% to 66% of the time (2.5 to 5.5 hours per day)
C (Constantly) more than 66% of the day (5.5 hrs)
|Reach Above Shoulders||O|
|Squat or Kneel||O|
|10 lbs or less||O|
|Over 100 lbs||N|
|12 lbs or less||O|
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
An office environment in a controlled atmospheric building.
How to Apply
Do you think you’d make an excellent fit for Besser Company and enjoy all the beauty that Alpena, Michigan has to offer? Please forward your resume to:
Besser Company World Headquarters
Attn: Janet Behnke, Corporate Human Resources Director
801 Johnson Street
Alpena, MI 49707 USA