Location: Boone, Iowa
This position plans, organizes, manages, and controls the accounting and control function of the division and reports operational results. The Controller reports to the Corporate Controller. Travel to Sioux City, Iowa is required.
- Coordinates and administers an adequate plan for the control of operations. Such a plan provides profit planning, sales forecasts, expense budgets, accounts receivable, cost standards and saving opportunities, and capital investing, together with the necessary controls and procedures to put the plan into effect.
- Maintains pricing structure and appropriate gross margin records.
- Compares performance with operating plans and standards. Provides reports and interprets the results of operations to all levels of management. This includes the formulation of accounting policies, the preparation of financial statements and operating data, the coordination of systems and procedures, and special reports as required.
- Assures protection for the assets of the business through internal control, and internal auditing.
- Establishes and maintains product pricing policies.
- Monitors inventory levels and advises management regarding variances to budget.
- Understands lean concepts and initiates process improvements to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
- Monitors and verifies adherence to all policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. C.P.A. equivalent preferred.
Experience: Five years of experience in the field or in a related field.
Skills: Math, accuracy and precision, interest in business, organized, good written and oral communications skills, good organizational and people skills. High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Competent computer skills, including knowledge of business systems. Familiarly with Microsoft Office software programs, specifically proficient in Excel. Must be a team player.
Requirements: Must be fluent in English and a foreign language a plus. Must be willing to travel.
Company Expectations of Employee
JOB KNOWLEDGE [Employee has skills to complete their duties and understand their new role]
QUALITY OF WORK [Employee’s output is accurate, complete, and works in a safe manner]
QUANTITY OF WORK [Employee is effective and efficient with their time; while meeting deadlines]
RELATIONSHIPS [Employee works well with the team/customers and fits our ‘ownership’ culture]
INITIATIVE [Employee is self‐motivated and shows interest in adding value beyond job description]
An office environment in a controlled atmospheric building.
How to Apply
Do you think you’d make an excellent fit for Besser Company and enjoy all the beauty that Alpena, Michigan has to offer? Please forward your resume to:
Besser Company World Headquarters
Attn: Human Resources, Hiring
801 Johnson Street
Alpena, MI 49707 USA