Location: Alpena, Michigan
CNC Machining Supervisor
The CNC Shop Supervisor is responsible for managing plant floor workflow and shop floor employees, with specific focus on on-time delivery and compliance with all company safety, quality, and quantity policies.
- Supervises shop floor employees.
- Responsible for implementing company safety policies and training employees.
- Manage departmental utilization and efficiencies that would include; economical order quantities, & inventory carrying costs.
- Ability to troubleshoot set-ups, fixturing, appropriate tooling, feed rates.
- Understands vertical & horizontal multi-pallet machining centers.
- Responsible for implementing processes to improve capacity, quality, efficiency, and overall output.
- Able to recognize part processing deficiencies and be responsible for corrective actions while working with MFG Team, Programming, Processing & QC department leaders.
- Maintains a workflow that corresponds with business system scheduling tools.
- Recommends and initiates sourcing of parts when workload exceeds manpower or work center resources.
- Requires a solid understanding of chip making processes including; milling, lathe, burning, grinding & sawing.
- Responsible for scheduling and managing three shift operation machining departments.
- Ensures accurate data entry into the business system via direct training and supervision of labor pool.
- Must be open to completing other duties not specifically listed above as requested by the Manufacturing teams.
Education: Associates degree in business, industrial management or equivalent.
Experience: Five years of experience in the manufacturing field.
Skills: Must have good verbal and written communications skills. Good organizational skills and personal leadership skills required. Must have the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management. Must be able to understands lean manufacturing concepts and initiate process improvements to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
Requirements: Must be able to manage confrontation, possess a general understanding of manufacturing, and be supportive of management’s decisions.
Company Expectations of Employee
JOB KNOWLEDGE [Employee has skills to complete their duties and understand their new role]
QUALITY OF WORK [Employee’s output is accurate, complete, and works in a safe manner]
QUANTITY OF WORK [Employee is effective and efficient with their time; while meeting deadlines]
RELATIONSHIPS [Employee works well with the team/customers and fits our ‘ownership’ culture]
INITIATIVE [Employee is self‐motivated and shows interest in adding value beyond job description]
A plant floor environment in a controlled atmospheric building.
How to Apply
Do you think you’d make an excellent fit for Besser Company and enjoy all the beauty that Alpena, Michigan has to offer? Please forward your resume to:
Besser Company World Headquarters
Attn: Human Resources, Hiring
801 Johnson Street
Alpena, MI 49707 USA