The safety policy of Besser Company is backed on the recognition that:
- Every employee is entitled to a safe and healthy place to work.
- A positive employee environment with open communication, employee involvement, and respect will help achieve a high safety and health performance.
- Accidents create personal pain as well as economic loss for employees. Accidents also produce economic loss and impair productivity for the company.
- Accident prevention is good business since the cost of accidents is always greater than the cost of prevention.
- Accidents can be controlled by careful planning and control similar to those measures needed to control quality, cost and other production factors. Alert, knowledgeable employees work safer.
- We comply with all governmental laws regarding accident prevention and working conditions.
In harmony with the above-recognized facts, the elements noted below are the backbone of the Besser Company safety policy:
- A dynamic, coordinated safety program has been developed by the Workplace Safety Team. Therese Smiley – Corporate Safety Manager will administer this program.
- Personal Protection programs such as hard hats, safety shoes and glasses, first aid procedures, fire fighting, and other safety procedures will continue to be taught, updated and reinforced.
- All Besser manufacturing sites will conduct annual safety audits and address safety issues on a timely basis.
- Accident prevention will be the responsibility of all employees who must work in a safe manner by utilizing all safety precautions, procedures and equipment. Ensuring safety is also a prime function of management; all supervisory personnel will be accountable for the safety of their employees.
- The safety program will have the complete and unwavering support of all management
Our goal is to have no one in our shop or office experience an accident. Together, we can work to make this goal a reality.